Sunday, March 1, 2009

Cleansing

Have you ever noticed that the rain generally comes after you have let something go, or been through a huge mess of life-tastic drama? Its like finally this great weight has lifted, and now the rain must come to wash it away. I can feel it in my mind, cleaning the little neurotransmitters and getting the gunk out from behind their ears. I really do wish they would listen to each other better, sometimes it is like they are just playing catch with my serotonin.
But rain is a very nice feeling; a flood of washing away old stresses and anxiety. During the process I find that i cannot do anything new. The want to stay inside and do nothing on a rainy day is no only because its gloomy, but because there is a physical and spiritual cleanse going on. I feel like i can't do new things because they just get washed away in the stream of my thoughts. Like right now, I feel like i can't write very well at all! I thought that I should try and express this idea though, before the dam before it breaks and it too is numbed and scrubbed.

No comments:

Post a Comment